New Bedford Star Kids Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to qualifying students who attend or want to attend nonpublic schools, including faith-based and independent schools. Our partner schools include All Saints Catholic School, Bishop Stang High School, Cape Cod Christian Academy, Cardinal Spellman High School, Friends Academy, Grace Baptist Christian Academy, Mullein Hill Christian Academy, Nativity Preparatory School, Nazarene Christian Academy, Our Sisters’ School, St. Francis Xavier School, St. Joseph School, St. Teresa of Calcutta School and Tabor Academy.
New Bedford Star Kids Scholarship Program provides financial support for:
- Tuition*, Uniforms, Books, Speciality School Supplies
- Extracurricular activities, including sports, music and the arts
- Summer Camps and Programs
*NBSK does not provide funding for school fees such as fundraising, registration, late fees, etc.
Eligibility Requirements: (The applications are reviewed by a committee to determine eligibility.)
- Attending or applying to a non public school AND
- Have at least one parent with a history of incarceration OR have at least one parent with a documented history of substance abuse (requiring residential rehabilitation or treatment) AND
- Be considered low income (based on financials provided to NBSK including W-2s 1040s, State Benefit Form, Pay stubs) AND
- Entering Grades K-Grade 12
- Must live in the service area of Greater New Bedford/Southcoast Massachusetts.
Unfortunately, New Bedford Star Kids Scholarship Program is unable to provide assistance to students with moderate to extreme learning disabilities.
Once you are accepted in the program, there is no need to reapply. We request that all students and families maintain communication with New Bedford Star Kids which includes thank you notes to sponsors, joining us at events, and providing us with any information essential to the student’s education. Please contact us with any questions 774-400-7954.